Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Whole New Life

So many things have changed since I started the blog a few months ago. 

In July I made the decision that I wanted to join the Church.  I made the appropriate contact with the church and got signed up for RCIA. 

The first weekend of August we went on vacation with Mr. Solo's family.  It was a very loooong weekend that left us all somewhat frustrated and tired.  It's just hard staying in very close quarters with so many adults and children underfoot.  We came home only to find out that we had a permanent reminder of this long weekend.  Baby #3 is on the way.  Much as this is a huge blessing to us now and something we didn't even really know we wanted or needed, it certainly didn't feel that way on the third week of August when I nearly passed out upon seeing that "Pregnant" on the digital pregnancy test.  Mr. Solo was not terribly happy, as he had never wanted more than 2 children.  He blamed himself for the "mistake" and I think in his own way he blamed me a little for not learning enough about NFP.  Live and learn I guess.  Anyway, we are both quite excited now that the shock has worn off and Thing 1 and Thing 2 are quite excited about the news of a new brother or sister.

Less than a week before our August 20th anniversary, we got the wonderful news that my annulment had been approved.  We went about setting up our convalidation ceremony and on October 27, 2012 we had our marriage officially validated by the local parish.  It was most definitely one of the best days of our lives.  We only had about 10 people present, only our closest family and friends and our two children.  We all got a bit of a laugh when during the ceremony the priest asked something to the effect of, "Will you accept and love the children you already have and any others that God sees fit to send you?"  With our two children sitting behind us in the first row of the tiny chapel, fighting noisily with each other, and a 13 week baby in my womb, it was certainly a moment that made us laugh.  I am so grateful for the wonderful young priests in our parish.  If it weren't for Father Jason's loving response to me when I inquired about the annulment process, I would have never sought the annulment in the first place.  Now I have a valid marriage and a new life on the way.  God works in amazing ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment