Friday, June 14, 2013

Five Favorites: The Post Partum Edition

Linking up again with Hallie at Moxie Wife for Five Favorites!

1.

I went to my post partum OB appointment this week, and let me tell you, I'm thankful for a great midwife.  She is a mainstream medical professional, but I was so thankful to have someone who didn't try to push birth control on me!  She of course asked me what we were going to be using, but didn't try to push hormonal birth control or abortifacients on me, which I was pretty nervous about.  She did actually mention using natural methods, which was a real shock to me!

2.
Fertility Monitor
Speaking of natural methods, I love this thing!  I've had it for 10 years and it shows no sign of slowing down.  I bought it initially when I was trying to conceive way back during my first marriage.  I successfully conceived my first child during my second marriage (no children conceived during the first marriage, thank goodness!), and was super excited when I found out it could be used to try to avoid pregnancy too when needed.  It gives me a little reassurance during this post partum time when I'm unsure of my signs.

3.


Breastfeeding!

I have breastfed all of my kids with varying levels of success.  My first daughter was breastfed exclusively for the first 6 weeks then partially breastfed until she was 10 months old.  She was in daycare during the days and I didn't know enough about my rights to know that I could have taken a break during my work day to pump milk for her.  My son was exclusively breastfed for the first 6 weeks as well, and then only received breastmilk in his bottles for the first 5 months of his life.  After that point I was getting overwhelmed with the pumping and decided to go ahead and let him have formula during his time at daycare.  I continued to nurse him when he was with me for another few months as well.  Currently the baby is 7 weeks old and she has only ever had breastmilk.  She has had maybe a dozen bottles so far, only when I am not available.  I'm hoping that I am able to exclusively breastfeed, or bottle feed breastmilk, for the full year, but we'll see how it goes.  I don't take for granted that I've so far never had supply issues.  But you never know from one baby to the next what your body is going to do, right?

4.

The ultimate example of motherhood.  I wish I could be even a fraction of the mother that she is.  I know I will never be as good of a mother as our Blessed Mother, but I can sure try.

5.
Living Space


Enough said!

No comments:

Post a Comment